How do I apply?
The admissions process for the Class of 2024 requires you to fill out an
Application Form and return it (along with all required documentation)
to Tujenge Scholars Program. These forms are available at the bottom of this page
in a printable version and an electronically-fillable version. Both
versions are identical. You may submit whichever format is more
Applications open in August or September each year, and students are selected by November or December. Each new cohort starts classes in mid to late January.
To apply, you must follow the instructions on this page and contained in the application form. Printable and electronic application forms can be found on this page, and also be requested by contacting us.
Please follow us on social media for announcements about upcoming application cycles.
Applications must be received on October 14, 2022 by 5:00PM.
Applicants will be notified by November 11nd, 2022 of the status of their application.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered, regardless of reason, excuse, or circumstance.
You can submit your application to our admissions team in one of the following ways:
- Local Office at Gihosha, Avenue du Développement N°4, Bujumbura
- Via email to [email protected]
- Via mail to B.P: 7469, Bujumbura
The following documents must be submitted as part of a complete application. If you do not submit these documents along with your application, your file will be incomplete and your application will not be considered.
Please do NOT submit original documents, as we will not be able to return these to you. Please only submit photo copies of the requested documents:
- School certificate (Certificat des Humanités Générales/Diplôme A2/Any other document attesting that you have completed secondary studies)
- Attestation de Réussite à l’examen d’Etat
- Rélevé des Points à l’examen d’Etat
- Transcripts (bulletins scolaires) from the final 4 (or 5) years of study: Post-Fondamentale 3ème, 2ème and 1ère, and Fondamentale 9ème. (Also Post-Fondamentale 4ème if your section included 4 years of P-F study, e.g. the Pedagogy section.)
Please do not submit documents or certificates other than the ones requested.
If you are submitting your application via email, please send your email with each document attached and clearly labeled.
Application Form for the Class of 2023 (Cohort 6)
The electronically-fillable pdf is designed to be completed with Adobe Reader, which you can download from here. Please do not use a web browser (such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari) to complete the pdf, as these programs may produce unexpected results while completing your application.